Friday, November 16, 2012

If Christ Has Not Been Raised...

If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain… If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die. - 1 Corinthians 15:14, 32

There is only one reason why I am a Christian - and it has nothing to do with our American Christian subculture, sanitized Christian music, cute messages addressing my felt-needs, morality, values, the "victorious Christian life,"  metro-sexual worship leaders, or supposed crowns some say I will earn. I am a Christian - by God's grace - because of the objective fact that Jesus Christ walked out of the grave 2,000 years ago.

If Jesus has not been raised, I am to be pitied. If Christ's body is ever recovered and his resurrection is proven to be a hoax, I am out. I will be on the first flight to Amsterdam ready to party like it's 1999...  for tomorrow I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment