Friday, November 30, 2012

3 Sermon Recommendations

There have been three messages lately that have really stuck with me, and I thought I would share them with you. If you are looking for Christ-centered, grace-filled preaching, here you go:

First, Tullian Tchividjian preached a message last week entitled God Comes Down Part 1. It is fantastic! Definitely check that one out. You will be blessed by it. I was able to listen to it again this morning and it was even better the second time.

Dr. Warren Gage, of Knox Theological Seminary, preached what I would describe as a theological masterpiece. If you want to hear a man preach Christ with both knowledge and zeal - give this a listen.

Lastly, Timothy Keller's message entitled Justified by Faith could be a case study in how to preach the gospel to an audience ranging from the pious to the skeptic. It's a gem that speaks to the very heart of mankind and provides the only possible solution to our ills - Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks brother. Keep preaching the Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent listened to the others yet, but Dr. Gage's sermon is one of the greatest messages I've ever heard. He starts off pretty slow and I almost skipped, but once he gets going - WOW! I also love his tone, very humble and subdued and self-effacing. I will give the others a listen as well; I usually listen to most of Tullian's messages. Love and grace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the heads up on that message Jim. I would have passed it over had it not been for your recommendation. I agree with your assessment. It is an incredible message.

    ReplyDelete