Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Can I Be Honest?

This has been a crazy year for me; full of high mountaintop experiences, and depressingly low valleys. It feels like the more that God opens my eyes to his grace, the more challenges come my way. 

God obviously wants me to grow in my pursuit of him. So, he has allowed challenges to come into my life to teach me that I need him every single second. 

Now that I think about it, how dare I ever assume otherwise! What arrogance to think that I can do this life without the sustaining love and guiding hand of the creator of life. What a fool I have been.

So, let me admit to him right now as well as to you, my readers, that I can't do this anymore. I can't go on living without fully relying on Jesus Christ. I can't take another breath without God's grace sustaining me.

I pray that he will be strong in my weakness, and that his awesome name will be praised in my brokenness.

Father, I am nothing without you. I need you. I desperately need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment