Monday, March 14, 2011

One of the Best Gospel Presentations You Will Ever Hear...

This sunday, my pastor preached a fantastic message called "The Molecular Gospel." 

I have listened to hundreds of sermons throughout my life, but this particular message will go down as one of my favorites.

No topic is more relevant, timeless, or important than the gospel. It is the message that separates Christianity from all other religions.

Most religions teach that we can earn our way to heaven. They claim that we gain God's favor through religious rituals or deeds. That, frankly, is quite a heavy load to carry. I am in trouble if my entry into heaven rests upon my goodness. 

The gospel, however, alleviates that burden. It teaches that Christ pays our way for us - what an amazing message! Our chains are gone, we have been set free!

This is the good news. 

We can passionately debate Calvinism / Arminianism, Covenant Theology / Dispensationalism, Infant Baptism  / Believers Baptism (and I do); however, the gospel is where the line in the sand must be drawn. You are either with us or against us.

The gospel is a hill that we must be willing to die upon.

We mustn't pollute it, distort it, or add to it. It is not negotiable. Just because modern society is uncomfortable with it does not mean that it should be altered.

It is, and always has been, by grace alone, through faith alone, so that God alone receives the glory. 

Take 40 minutes and enjoy the refreshing simplicity of the the good news here.

No comments:

Post a Comment