Sunday, May 15, 2011

Book Recommendation: King's Cross by Tim Keller



Without question, my favorite living author is Tim Keller. To me, he is the modern day equivalent of C. S. Lewis (as many have noted before).

Each of his books, in their own way, has shifted my thinking greatly. Each one approaches the gospel from a different and fresh perspective. If you haven't already read The Reason for God, Counterfeit Gods, Prodigal God, and Generous Justice, you should. Read them all. They are fantastic. You can skip on Ministries of Mercy, as it is Keller's first book and the weakest of the bunch.

Due to my affinity towards the author, my expectations were extremely high when I picked up King’s Cross: The Story of the World in the Life of Jesus. Fortunately, I was not disappointed. 

King's Cross is a beautiful, learned, and artistic exposition of the Gospel of Mark. Every page is saturated with the gospel, and Keller's insights are world class. Honestly, I felt as if the book were a commentary highlight reel. 

Truly, King's Cross is a genuine treasure which I highly recommend. Read it and be blessed by the simple, yet profound gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment